Parents and emergency contacts are recorded in the same area of MSS
The following standards should be observed when entering contact information:
a. Sequence: Set to 0 - 3 if the contact is a parent or legal guardian. Step-parents that are not legal guardians can be set to 4 or 5.
b. Parent Guardian: Check this box only if the contact is a parent or legal guardian.
c. Emergency Contact: Only check this box for contact other than parents or legal guardians. It is assumed that the parents are emergency contacts.
d. Address sub-tab: Addresses should be entered using the same processes as for students. Enter a portion of the address and search to find the match for the student.
1. In the Student top tab click the Contacts side tab.
2. In the Options menu, click Add. A New Student Contact window will appear.
3. In the Legal last name
field, type the last name of the contact. You must click the
icon to search the database and see if the contact is already in the system.
- If the contact appears in the list, select the name to populate the contact details and update the information on the record as appropriate.
- If the name does not appear in the list, make sure the Selection type is set to All Contacts. If it still doesn't appear, click Cancel and proceed to add the record details manually.
4. Populate the details of the General tab as indicated on the enrollment form completed by the parent.
5. Click the Addresses sub-tab and populate the address information as indicated on the enrollment form completed by the parent. The street address field should be searched and shared with the student if the parent lives with the student.
Note: In a situation where the student lives with both parents, but the parents live apart, only one of the addresses can be shared with the student. The other parent's address can be added to that parent's contact record, but it cannot be shared with the student.
Entering Addresses in MSS
It is important that addresses are entered using Canada Post address standards. Section 4 of "Canada Post Addressing Guidelines" provides the appropriate abbreviations for street type, direction and unit type. ...
Registering a Student
When registering a student, it is critical to have legal documentation in hand and to search for the student using only legal last name, gender, and birthdate. This prevents creating duplicate students in the provincial system. 1. In the School ...
New Student Enrollment Best Practices
Registering a New Student You should only enter the last name, birth date, and gender in the MSS (My School Sask) registration wizard. You can find more steps for registering a student on page 8 in this ...
Managing Student Demographics
Once a student has been enrolled in the school, student demographics must be updated according to the enrollment form completed by the parent 1. In the School view, click the Student top tab. 2. Click the Details side tab to open the student's ...
Student account is Missing from Windows/Google
All Students require a LID entered into MSS for account creation. All student accounts are created the day after their information (including LID) is entered into MSS. If the students account is not logging into a windows machine or chromebook it is ...