Entering Addresses in MSS
- Addresses are found in 3 places:
- Student top tab > Details side tab > Addresses sub-tab
- Contacts side tab > Addresses sub-tab
- Staff top tab > Details side tab
- Click the Address sub-top tab for whom the address is being entered. In the Physical Address side:
- Street Address: Begin typing the street address into the field. Click the icon to search the database for the address just typed in. This is critical to ensuring multiple address records are not created in the database.
If the address comes up in the picklist, click the radio button to select it and click OK. All address components will populate, including city, province, and postal code.
- If it does not come up, continue creating a new address record. Click the validate address icon - - at the end of the Street Address field. This will generate a pop-up window. Click Validate to ensure the address components fall into their proper fields. Click OK, if everything is in its proper place.
- Populate the City Prov PC field using Canada Post standards. Click the validate address icon - - at the end of the City Prov PC field. Click Validate to ensure that the address components fall into their proper fields. Click OK, if everything is in its proper place.
- Land Location can be entered in the land location fields if applicable to the student.
- In the Mailing Address fields.
- Click the Is Identical? checkbox if the mailing address is the same as the physical address.
- If the mailing address is different, leave the Is Identical? box unchecked and populate the mailing address fields.
- Click Save on the Addresses screen.
Adding a Contact to a Student
Parents and emergency contacts are recorded in the same area of MSS The following standards should be observed when entering contact information: a. Sequence: Set to 0 - 3 if the contact is a parent or legal guardian. Step-parents that are not ...
Managing Student Demographics
Once a student has been enrolled in the school, student demographics must be updated according to the enrollment form completed by the parent 1. In the School view, click the Student top tab. 2. Click the Details side tab to open the student's ...
Registering a Student
When registering a student, it is critical to have legal documentation in hand and to search for the student using only legal last name, gender, and birthdate. This prevents creating duplicate students in the provincial system. 1. In the School ...
New Student Enrollment Best Practices
Registering a New Student You should only enter the last name, birth date, and gender in the MSS (My School Sask) registration wizard. You can find more steps for registering a student on page 8 in this ...
Student account is Missing from Windows/Google
All Students require a LID entered into MSS for account creation. All student accounts are created the day after their information (including LID) is entered into MSS. If the students account is not logging into a windows machine or chromebook it is ...