New Student Enrollment Best Practices
Registering a New Student
You should only enter the last name, birth date, and gender in the MSS (My School Sask) registration wizard.
If the registration wizard does not pull up a possible student record, you should not proceed with creating a new one unless you are certain the student has not attended school in SK before.
Please do not make a manual entry before you have followed best practices given below:
- If a student is transferring from another school division in Saskatchewan, they will have a Learning ID (LID).
- If they are transferring within our school division, they will have a LID.
- After you enter the last name, birth date, and gender in MSS registration wizard, if nothing comes up, then please go to SDS and search for the student.
- You'll need the correct first name, last name, date of birth and gender to search SDS.
- Please use a legal document to verify student details before you search SDS. Some examples of legal documents are a birth certificate, passport, driver's license etc. If you're unsure, then please submit a MSS help ticket.
- If nothing comes up in SDS, then you can then enter them manually.
If you are in doubt about the correctness of student information, contact the OM of the student's other school, just to verify DOB, LID etc. Always check a legal document to avoid mistakes.
Registering a Student
When registering a student, it is critical to have legal documentation in hand and to search for the student using only legal last name, gender, and birthdate. This prevents creating duplicate students in the provincial system. 1. In the School ...
Searching Records and Viewing Data
Searching Records and Viewing Data There are a variety of tools used for searching records in MySchoolSask. Search Field The search field appears in the menu bar of every screen in MSS. Entering criteria and clicking the icon will instruct the ...
Managing Student Demographics
Once a student has been enrolled in the school, student demographics must be updated according to the enrollment form completed by the parent 1. In the School view, click the Student top tab. 2. Click the Details side tab to open the student's ...
Adding Report Card Classes to a Student
When a new student is registered, they will need to have report card classes assigned, as well as their homeroom. 1. In the School view, click the Student top tab. 2. Check the box beside the student that requires report card classes. 3. Click the ...
Changing a Student Status
In the School view, click the Student top tab. Check the box beside the student that requires a status change. In the Options menu, click Registration > Change Student Status Name: Use the icon to select the student name. Date: Enter the ...