When registering a student, it is critical to have legal documentation in hand and to search for the student using only legal last name, gender, and birthdate. This prevents creating duplicate students in the provincial system.
1. In the School view, click the Student top tab.
2. In the Options menu, select Registration > Register Student
3. Step 1 of 4 of the student registration wizard will pop up: Student Registration: Select Student.
- Legal last name: Enter the legal last name as per the legal documentation provided.
- Gender: Enter the student's gender as indicated on the legal documentation.
- Birthdate: Enter the student's birthdate as indicated on the legal documentation.
- Click Next.
- If the student is already in MSS, a selection window will appear. Confirm the student is correct, then use the horizontal scroll bar to check that the student's Status is Withdrawn.
- If the status is Withdrawn, click OK to Activate the existing student record.
- If the status is Active, contact the school indicated on the record to have the student withdrawn or have transfer information set.
- If the student is not the correct student, use the drop-down menu above the student list to Go back to Registration Wizard Step 1 and check the information entered in the search.
- If the student is not a match for any pre-existing record, the system will go directly to Step 2 of 4 of the registration wizard.
4. Step 2 of 4: Student Registration: Demographics
If the student was previously in the system, this information may already be populated. Be sure to update it as appropriate.
- General tab: Populate the demographics fields presented with the appropriate information from the enrollment form. Note that fields marked with a red asterisk are required.
- Address tab: Populate the student address using Canada Post conventions for street types (Ave, Rd, etc.)
- Click Next
5. Step 3 of 4: Student Registration: Enrollment
- Year of Graduation: Enter a year of graduation that generates the grade level needed for the student.
- Student Status: Use the drop-down menu to select Active.
- Date: Enter the date the student will become active in the school.
- Entry/Withdraw Code: Use the icon to select the reason the student has enrolled.
- Previous Province and Previous Country only needed to be populated if the student has enrolled from another jurisdiction.
- Click Next.
6. Step 4 of 4: Student Registration: Confirmation. Confirm that the student information is correct. Click Finish to create the registration in this school.
7. Review all student demographics to ensure information is up-to-date as per the enrollment form completed by the parent.
New Student Enrollment Best Practices
Registering a New Student You should only enter the last name, birth date, and gender in the MSS (My School Sask) registration wizard. You can find more steps for registering a student on page 8 in this ...
Changing a Student Status
In the School view, click the Student top tab. Check the box beside the student that requires a status change. In the Options menu, click Registration > Change Student Status Name: Use the icon to select the student name. Date: Enter the ...
Managing Student Demographics
Once a student has been enrolled in the school, student demographics must be updated according to the enrollment form completed by the parent 1. In the School view, click the Student top tab. 2. Click the Details side tab to open the student's ...
Searching Records and Viewing Data
Searching Records and Viewing Data There are a variety of tools used for searching records in MySchoolSask. Search Field The search field appears in the menu bar of every screen in MSS. Entering criteria and clicking the icon will instruct the ...
Changing a Student Grade Level
In the School view, click the Student top tab. Check the box beside the student that requires a grade change. In the Options menu, click Registration > Promote/Demote Student In the Promote/Demote Student pop-up window: Name: Use the icon to select ...